Want to lose bodyweight?
Today’s generation is influenced by a foreign culture. Everyone is putting on too much weight by eating junk food on a daily basis, which further leads to weight gain. Every day we are fighting to kill our body fat by performing various activities such as workout, dieting, etc.
Did you know that massage makes you healthier, makes you feel relaxed and rejuvenated and helps you in weight loss? It relieves the stress and relaxes all the muscles and makes you feel lighter. No wonder that you are always looking forward to a relaxing day and finding other ways to refresh yourself.
But did you know that there are special massage treatments that can help you to lose weight? Yes, you heard it right. According to studies conducted, massage helps you to increase muscle building capability of your body which further helps in losing weight. We all know the fact that healthy and strong muscles make you feel more energetic, thus encouraging you to take up the activities that help in burning calories and shedding off those extra kilos.
How does Massage help in Weight Loss?
- Improved Circulation: A good massage plays an important role in improving the blood circulation in your body. This, in turn, ensures that the essential nutrients from the food reach every part of the body, thus giving enough nourishment and improving metabolism.
- Flushing Out of Toxins: With the improved circulation, the toxins produced in the body are easily flushed out of the body.
- Enhanced Muscle Power: Massage improves the power of the muscles in the body. Powerful muscles can burn more calories during the workout. Also, with improved power, it becomes easier for you to work out for a long time which is important for weight loss.
Massage that is helpful in weight-lose
Also known as Udwarthanam, it does not make use of the customary oil or any other liquid. In this massage, powder of grains, herbs or certain flour is used for massage. This powder is sometimes mixed with a natural oil like sesame oil to prepare a paste. This paste is then massaged over the body in upper motions. The massage motion is what sets it apart from the conventional massage in which downward motion is used and massage is done using oil.
The herbs used for powder massage are horse gram, deodar, mustard, gooseberry, Phyllanthus, senna, and myrobalan.
The powder massage is suggested to people who are
- Suffer from abdominal obesity
- Have cellulite issues
- Post-delivery women
There are two types of powder massage :
- Ruksha or Dry Massage: In ruksha, herbal powders are rubbed into the body throughout the massage. This works great in flushing out the toxins of the body.
- Snigdha/Sneha or Oily Massage: In Snigdha, the herbal powders are mixed with natural oils to make a paste. This paste is then massaged to the complete body. This is the best choice for people who have sensitive skin.
Here’s how Udwarthanam is performed.
- The herbal powder is first warmed.
- Then it is massaged into the body in the direction opposite to the hair growth of the body.
- The powder is applied to seven different positions in the body using rubbing and massaging.
- The massage last-long for about 15 to 45 minutes.
- After the massage, the body is to go for rest for about 15 minutes
- Lukewarm water is used for a bath and after the bath, the skin is well-moisturized.
Powder massage is not only one of the safest ways to lose weight but it is also fun losing weight by doing nothing and getting a massage isn’t it?
However, it is important to approach a professional for these massages to ensure the complete safety of your body. So, if you are trying to lose those extra kilos, go ahead and add a weight loss massage to your weight loss checklist today.